Lisen Stromberg, author of Work, Pause, Thrive: How to Pause for Parenthood Without Killing Your Career, debunks the myth that women who “pause” to raise children never return to satisfying careers. She also provides concrete tips on how to plan for and manage your “pause”.
- Statistics show that most well-educated mothers paused their careers, returned to the workforce and didn’t regret their pauses
- The importance of nurturing your career, whether you’re in the paid workforce or not.
- The optimal length for your ”pause”
Jenny Blake, author of Pivot: The Only Move that Matters is Your Next One, talks about her four step process for deciding whether you should “stay or go” in your current job. Along the way, she asks thought-provoking questions we all should be asking about our careers.
- A process you can use when you are deciding whether to “stay or go” at your current job
- Questions you should be asking yourself about where you want your career to go
- How friends can help you identify your strengths